Earth Day: Eco-Friendly Updates and Tax Breaks [INFOGRAPHIC]
April 20, 2015 : H&R Block
Doing what’s right for the environment this Earth Day can also be beneficial for your wallet and your tax return. Of course, it’s good to reduce, reuse and recycle, but if there’s a tax break for it too, we’re here to make sure you take advantage!
This infographic offers green tax breaks to update your lifestyle and potentially save money in the process. Some key tips include:
- Using a programmable thermostat
- Giving up meat for one meal per week
- Starting a garden
- Using a reusable water bottle
- Planting more trees around your yard to shade your home
- Installing alternative energy equipment in your home
- Running the dishwasher and washer only when it is full
- Making wise car purchases
- Having energy efficient home appliances
Being green can have many tax advantages as well — like the Nonbusiness Property Energy Credit and the Residential Energy Efficient Property Credit.
Read on to learn about green tax breaks here…
Like this infographic? Use the code below to embed it on your site:
Editor’s Note: This post was updated on July 26, 2016.