H&R Block Partners With United Way To Provide Free State & Federal Tax Preparation Online
April 11, 2017 : Allie Freeland – Contributing Editor
H&R Block and United Way are partnering for the eighth year to provide free tax preparation services for anyone earning $64,000 or less. Through MyFreeTaxes, you can file state and federal taxes for free.
Since the program began, millions of people have benefitted across all 50 states.
The key features of MyFreeTaxes include:
- Free, unlimited real-time chat and phone support from IRS-certified operators at 1-855-MY-TX-HELP. The helpline, with bilingual operators who speak English and Spanish, operates through April 18.
- Refund RevealTM which shows your refund amount as you complete your tax return.
- Advanced functionality for the self-employed or those with real estate investments, stock options, or inheritance taxes.
As with all H&R Block products, MyFreeTaxes guarantees a maximum refund, 100% accuracy and 100% satisfaction. H&R Block Online products have the foundation of more than 60 years of preparing tax returns, plus the security to file your taxes through a secure connection.
Ready to Get Started?
If you meet the above criteria, here are the steps you need to take to get started:
- Visit MyFreeTaxes.com.
- Click “File for Free”.
- Through the H&R Block Online portal, you can sign in, create an account, or you can start without an account.
- Once you are in the portal, follow the prompts to upload important information so your tax return is filed with complete accuracy.
Don’t wait another moment! You have until Tax Day – April 18 – to take advantage of this free tax prep program. Visit MyFreeTaxes.com to get started now!