It’s that time of the year when the air starts turning chilly and our minds begin to turn towards the start of the new fall TV season. New shows start up, all of our old favorites return (sometimes!) and we are glued to our favorite story lines while threatening our friends with bodily harm if […]
Guest Blogger: Matthew Staub - Past Contributor
Posts by Matthew Staub - Past Contributor
We assume that you’ve been less than enthused about tackling your taxes at some point over the last few months. But some people take that lack of enthusiasm to a whole new level. Like to the Supreme Court.
Make the next couple minutes reasonably productive by taking a journey through our interactive Procrastinator’s Guide to Filing Taxes. Or do it later. Whatever.
Ride side-by-side with Block Talk’s Matt Staub as he files his 2012 tax return in an H&R Block Office.
Before you visit an H&R Block office for your tax appointment, be sure you gather the necessary documentation so we can find your every penny you’re entitled to.
What information is on my W-2? Do I really need it to file taxes? What do I do if I don’t receive my W-2?
More than three out of four consumers are unaware of the key role their 2012 tax return will play in their health care coverage next fall. That’s why H&R Block and early-stage business incubator and startup accelerator, Think Big Partners, have teamed up to launch Hackovate Health 2013.
Don’t be scared of deducting your Halloween charitable contributions. Just be sure you know what’s deductible — and how to document it all.
We’ve been hard at work at the MLB All-Star Game Social Media Command Center hosted in our Downtown Kansas City headquarters. With two days still to go until the first pitch, we’ve already seen a flurry of activity from visitors to our hometown. Here’s a look at some of the numbers as of this morning.
By now, most taxpayers have received their tax refund checks — but one lucky H&R Block at Home user scored the refund of a lifetime: the winner of our $100,000 grand prize in the H&R Block at Home Refund Giveaway.
Sign-up for Updates
H&R Block Social Stream
- The IRS may change, hold or take taxpayers’ refunds for a number of reasons. Find out why and what to do if your refund is incorrect or miss… http://blogs.hrblock.com/?p=7671%3Fotppa… 5 days ago
- Textbooks, Greek life, sports tickets and student loan interest may creep up and surprise a college student. Here's how to plan, and keep th… http://blogs.hrblock.com/?p=7663%3Fotppa… 1 week ago
- Don’t ruin a good job offer with unrealistic expectations or inappropriate strategies. Here are 5 tips to negotiate an entry-level position.… http://blogs.hrblock.com/?p=7647%3Fotppa… 3 weeks ago
- Financial freedom isn’t beyond your reach. Take these simple steps towards independence: oak.ctx.ly/r/3a2xk http://www.facebook.com/hrblock/posts/10… 1 month ago
- No matter who you love, marriage means you can file jointly or separately. http://www.facebook.com/hrblock/posts/10… 1 month ago
- There are tax benefits that come with getting your piece of the American dream – including itemizing mortgage interest, deducting property t… http://blogs.hrblock.com/?p=7604%3Fotppa… 1 month ago
- For most people, real estate is considered to be a capital asset. That's not true if you flip houses as a business. http://blogs.hrblock.com/?p=7593%3Fotppa… 1 month ago
- If you have 100 or more FTE employees in 2015, and 50 or more FTE employees in 2016, you need to comply with these Affordable Care Act requi… http://blogs.hrblock.com/2015/06/15/smal… 1 month ago
- 43% of taxpayers have to interact with the IRS outside of filing. Learn what's most common – audits, underreporting, bills, corrections – an… http://blogs.hrblock.com/2015/05/28/what… 1 month ago
- Throwing a yard sale could make you some money. Donating all the goods gets you a charitable deduction on your tax return. Which is best? http://webmedia.hrblock.com/cookE/geoip/… 2 months ago
- Even though you graduated college, there's a good chance you are still a dependent on your parent's tax return and can't claim a personal ex… http://webmedia.hrblock.com/cookE/geoip/… 2 months ago
- While the humble hamburger got its start in the Middle East, it's current incarnation is uniquely American. We love it so much, we average e… http://webmedia.hrblock.com/cookE/geoip/… 2 months ago
- Higher education and high prices tend to come hand in hand, but here are 13 awesome ways to get a free – or cheap – degree. http://webmedia.hrblock.com/cookE/geoip/… 2 months ago
- Private education loans can be tricky. Avoid being buried in a mountain of debt and use this guide to determine which loans to take and how … http://blogs.hrblock.com/2015/05/13/unde… 2 months ago
- For many students, the dream of attending college can be dashed by high tuition costs. For Sean Lawrence, who we surprised with a $120,000 … http://www.facebook.com/hrblock/posts/10… 2 months ago