It’s that time of the year when the air starts turning chilly and our minds begin to turn towards the start of the new fall TV season. New shows start up, all of our old favorites return (sometimes!) and we are glued to our favorite story lines while threatening our friends with bodily harm if […]
Guest Blogger: Matthew Staub - Past Contributor
Posts by Matthew Staub - Past Contributor
We assume that you’ve been less than enthused about tackling your taxes at some point over the last few months. But some people take that lack of enthusiasm to a whole new level. Like to the Supreme Court.
Make the next couple minutes reasonably productive by taking a journey through our interactive Procrastinator’s Guide to Filing Taxes. Or do it later. Whatever.
Ride side-by-side with Block Talk’s Matt Staub as he files his 2012 tax return in an H&R Block Office.
Before you visit an H&R Block office for your tax appointment, be sure you gather the necessary documentation so we can find your every penny you’re entitled to.
What information is on my W-2? Do I really need it to file taxes? What do I do if I don’t receive my W-2?
More than three out of four consumers are unaware of the key role their 2012 tax return will play in their health care coverage next fall. That’s why H&R Block and early-stage business incubator and startup accelerator, Think Big Partners, have teamed up to launch Hackovate Health 2013.
Don’t be scared of deducting your Halloween charitable contributions. Just be sure you know what’s deductible — and how to document it all.
We’ve been hard at work at the MLB All-Star Game Social Media Command Center hosted in our Downtown Kansas City headquarters. With two days still to go until the first pitch, we’ve already seen a flurry of activity from visitors to our hometown. Here’s a look at some of the numbers as of this morning.
By now, most taxpayers have received their tax refund checks — but one lucky H&R Block at Home user scored the refund of a lifetime: the winner of our $100,000 grand prize in the H&R Block at Home Refund Giveaway.
Sign-up for Updates
H&R Block Social Stream
- Even though you graduated college, there's a good chance you are still a dependent on your parent's tax return and can't claim a personal ex… http://webmedia.hrblock.com/cookE/geoip/… 9 hours ago
- While the humble hamburger got its start in the Middle East, it's current incarnation is uniquely American. We love it so much, we average e… http://webmedia.hrblock.com/cookE/geoip/… 3 days ago
- Higher education and high prices tend to come hand in hand, but here are 13 awesome ways to get a free – or cheap – degree. http://webmedia.hrblock.com/cookE/geoip/… 1 week ago
- Private education loans can be tricky. Avoid being buried in a mountain of debt and use this guide to determine which loans to take and how … http://blogs.hrblock.com/2015/05/13/unde… 2 weeks ago
- For many students, the dream of attending college can be dashed by high tuition costs. For Sean Lawrence, who we surprised with a $120,000 … http://www.facebook.com/hrblock/posts/10… 2 weeks ago
- Get a little bit of history – and some surprising money facts – about Cinco de Mayo. See how much Americans spend on avocado, tortilla chips… http://webmedia.hrblock.com/cookE/geoip/… 3 weeks ago
- Military pay is complicated, which makes it difficult to accurately predict how much you should earn in the civilian world to keep pace. Her… http://webmedia.hrblock.com/cookE/geoip/… 4 weeks ago
- Check out our top tips on how going green can not only help our planet, but your wallet (and taxes) too! http://oak.ctx.ly/r/2uyh0 http://www.facebook.com/hrblock/posts/10… 1 month ago
- You have health insurance, but what other types of insurance do you really need in your financial plan? Here are three to consider. http://webmedia.hrblock.com/cookE/geoip/… 1 month ago
- https://youtube.com/devicesupport http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKY3scPIM… 1 month ago
- After learning about how some of their great-grandparents barely finished high school, my kids realized that they take for granted something… http://webmedia.hrblock.com/cookE/geoip/… 1 month ago
- Cash. Money. Dinero. Benjamins. Smackers. Bones. Greenbacks. Bucks. Cheddar. Dough. Bread. Loot. Moola. Bills. Whatever you call it—we'll ge… http://www.facebook.com/hrblock/posts/10… 1 month ago
- Stumped by last-minute tax questions and panicking about the April 15 deadline? Here are two trustworthy sources of information that can hel… http://webmedia.hrblock.com/cookE/geoip/… 1 month ago
- Get out of the airport-hotel-office rut when you travel for business. Make the most of your travels and see the sights, affordably, with the… http://webmedia.hrblock.com/cookE/geoip/… 1 month ago
- Up to 25% of Americans will procrastinate filing their tax return. Avoid the mistakes that come with rushing and follow this advice to get i… http://webmedia.hrblock.com/cookE/geoip/… 1 month ago